Most recipes on my site are from various sources, including allrecipes.com, taste of home and other magazines, and cookbooks. Some have been adapted.

Meatloaf

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground beef
2 eggs
1 cups milk
1-1/4 cups crushed crackers or dried bread crumbs
1 onion chopped, or 4 tbs dried minced onions
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste (I don't even own pepper so I didn't add this)
ketchup

Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all of the ingredients together, whatever way makes you comfortable (I use a big ziploc bag-I don't like touching raw meat). Form into a loaf-like shape in a 13 x 9 baking dish. Mine was probably about 2" tall but it actually got taller in the middle during baking. Squirt ketchup all over the top. Bake for one hour and twenty minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165° or so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this recipe, Gale.
I will be making it for dinner tonight. I do not usually put milk with beef so we will see how it goes.
Kay. (Australia - where it is lunchtime Tuesday.)