Most recipes on my site are from various sources, including allrecipes.com, taste of home and other magazines, and cookbooks. Some have been adapted.

Sweet Tea

This tea is very sweet-so adjust the sugar as needed. I only recently read about adding baking soda so I have not tried that yet but am planning to with my next batch.

Boil 4 cups water (I boil it in the microwave oven)
Add 4 family size or 12-15 regular tea bags and 1/4 tsp baking soda (this reduces acidity and bitterness). Let steep for about 20 minutes.
In the meantime, put 1.5 cups of sugar in a 1-gallon container.
Remove the tea bags (for best flavor, don't squeeze them) and add the hot water/tea mixture to the sugar in the gallon container. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
Add cold water to equal about 1 gallon.

No comments: